So here I am on day one, and here are 20 random facts about me. Prepare to be shocked, scared, or surprised!
1. I believe that all of life’s problems can be solved with chocolate. (But really am I alone in this?)
2. For a while I thought I had the world figured out. (What a joke that turned out to be!)
3. My grandmother used to read to me from her books for her computer class to get me to go to sleep when I was a baby. Which is why I think that to this day I’m good with computers (well that and my IT manager father) and love to read.
4. I started swimming competitively in 3rd grade and I loved it so much that I kept competing until I graduated high school. In fact I miss competitive swimming to this day.
5. I dream of owning my own island in Bora Bora that my friends and family can come visit.
6. I believe in ghosts.
7. I was raised on Jimmy Buffett but I wonder if I only like him because it’s a comfort and a reminder of my past or if I actually like his music. (I hope it’s the last one)
8. The book “Charlotte’s Web” made me want to become a writer… well that and my 3rd grade teacher Ms. McGee.
9. I can’t ever hate a person now matter how badly they treat me. I think that hate wastes too much energy.
10. Even though I’m happy on the outside I can be very sad on the inside and I don’t really like to show it because I don’t want people to be sad too. But despite that I still consider myself an optimist at heart.
11. I feel like I was made for something bigger than what I have now.
12. I can quote “The Princess Bride”, “Top Gun”, “Casino Royale”, “Ten Things I Hate About You,” and “The Dark Knight” word for word, in fact watching these movies with me is really no fun because you won’t actually hear the movie. Actually this is kind of sad because it means that I have no life!
13. I find comfort in my writing.
14. I don’t like winter… or at least the cold. I live with this philosophy if it’s going to get cold at least snow enough to where I can’t leave my house but if not don’t get cold at all. I guess that’s the Florida in me.
15. My grandmother made me the bookworm and the history nerd that I am today.
16. In fact my grandmother was such a huge part of my life that not a single day goes by that I don’t want to call her to tell her about something that I’ve seen or read. I miss her.
17. I want nothing more than to get lost in Ireland somewhere to write and take pictures.
18. I read “To Kill a Mockingbird” at least once a year because I feel like it is one of the greatest books ever written.
19. I’m working on my first novel and I have dreams of seeing it on The New York Times Bestseller List and on shelves of awesome stores like Barnes and Noble.
20. I can express myself better in writing than I can when I speak.
21. Back when I first got email I would check my account like 5 times a day even though no one really had my address so I wasn’t getting anything but junk mail at the time but still I thought it was cool.
22. Despite everything I still believe that love conquers all. (The Beatles used the word “love” 613 times in all of their songs, maybe they were on to something.) And that true happiness can be achieved no matter where you are in your life right now.
23. I have always thought that words are a very powerful weapon and should be used wisely.
24. I love the beach and the sound of waves crashing on the shore is one of my favorite sounds.
25. I absolutely love cooking for my friends and family.
And that’s it, I actually gave you all five bonus facts because once I started typing I really couldn’t stop myself (I think that’s part of the plan). So that’s it the randomness that is my mind. Stay tuned… I’ll be back tomorrow, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.