Unlike my all too short blog on education which was actually yesterday’s topic I’ll move on to today’s topic which is considerably easier.
So here I go, I’m putting my music player on shuffle right now…. first 10 songs…. and go!
1. “The One That Got Away” by Katy Perry- I’m so not even ashamed to admit I like Katy Perry! Her music is always pretty fun!
2. “My Life” by Robin Thicke- I fell in love with this song when I saw “Despicable Me”. If you haven’t seen “Despicable Me” than shame on you! Go watch it now and enjoy the antics of the Minions.
3. “Late to the Theater” by Henry Jackman- this is from the “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” soundtrack. Great movie! Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln” doesn’t even cover the vampire hunting he did, and his movie is all the worse for it (sarcasm guys in case y’all didn’t catch that).
4. “He’s a Tramp” from “Lady and the Tramp”- this just reminds me of my childhood and watching Disney movies.
5. “Highway to the Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins- “Top Gun” is one of my all-time favorite movies so naturally this soundtrack is a must for me.
6. “Swing Swing” by The All-American Rejects- This song is amazing!! Such a great poppy break-up song that is so much fun to sing at the top of your lungs!
7. “The Caster Library” by Thenewno2- while I thought the movie wasn’t faithful to the book at all “The Beautiful Creatures” movie soundtrack is amazingly creepy and haunting.
8. “Cuts Like a Knife’ by Bryan Adams- how can you not love Bryan Adams?!
9. “Always” by Bon Jovi- I’ve had a crush on Jon Bon Jovi for soooooo long!!
10. “Always” by U2- I promise I did put it on shuffle.
11. “Rockin’ Robin” by Michael Jackson- oh I wish my girl Dorian was here right now because she loves her MJ! Actually we both love our MJ, we saw “This is It” 3 times in the theater!
12. “Polly Come Home” by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss- this song is amazing! So beautiful and haunting, oh and Robert Plant’s voice is still beautiful!
12. “Summertime” by the New Kids on the Block- I totally had a crush on Joey!
13. “Streets of Philadelphia” by Bruce Springsteen- this song is beautiful and sad just like the movie. If you haven’t seen it watch it and cry like I do every time.
14. “Go Your Own Way” by Lea Michelle (originally by Fleetwood Mac)- I have both versions of this song in my music collection but yes I’ll admit it I love the show “Glee”.
15. “Sometimes You Leave” by Carrie Underwood- I love this song and Carrie Underwood (I don’t want any judgment from any of you haters out there!).
16. “Santa Fe” from the “Newsies” soundtrack- Christian Bale (aka Batman) singing, how can anyone turn that down?!
17. “All Dressed Up in Love” by Jennifer Hudson- not one of my favorites but I do love the rest of the “Sex and the City” soundtrack that it’s on.
18. “I Wanna Rock” from the “Rock of Ages” movie soundtrack- as you can probably tell I love movie soundtracks.
19. “Pray for You” by Jaron and the Long Road to Love- this song is one of the best break-up songs ever!!!
20. “Love Potion No. 9” by The Clovers- I love this song!! I have a soft spot for 50’s and 60’s doo-wop.
21. “He Went to Paris” by Jimmy Buffett- I always get nostalgic listening to Jimmy Buffett.
22. “Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have With Her Clothes On” by Panic! at the Disco- this song is just so cool if you can get past the long title.
23. “Drops of Jupiter” by Train- this is just a sweet song that I can’t help but love.
24. “Strawberry Wine” by Deana Carter- this is such typical country song but I love it anyway.
25. “Home Life” by John Mayer- I’ll listen to pretty much anything John Mayer does.
26. “L-O-V-E” by Al Green- this song is a classic and always makes me so happy.
27. “What a Good Boy” by the Barenaked Ladies- the album comes from is one of the cd’s my mom used to play in the car all the time.
28. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor- all I have to say is “At first I was afraid I was petrified…”
29. “Elbow Room” from “Schoolhouse Rock: America Rock”- I’m a history nerd, what else can I say.
30. “The Saints Are Coming” by U2 and Green Day- oh my god I love this song!!!! U2 is always epic and when they teamed up with Green Day they got even more epic!!
And there you have it my random playlist. I would have kept going but I already gave you 20 extra and I know you all have lives so I’ll leave it at 30. Enjoy and happy listening!!